November 07, 2011

Material Girl




This past weekend I got a little bit of a reality check. My phone service got shut off {oops} and of course I thought it was the end of the world. My boy eventually calmed me down via my mothers phone and made me realize that it wasn't the end of the world, its just a phone. It got me really thinking about things and how blessed I am to even have a cell phone.  It was only off for a few hours but it made me sit back, relax and pick up a book {twilight to be exact} and read for those few hours. I of course have not been able to put the book down either. All I am saying is that having those luxuries is a gift and don't take any of it for granted because LOTS of people in the world don't even have shoes on their feet or food to eat, let alone a cell phone.
These photos were taken in Providence, Rhode Island. Once I saw this payphone I knew it was the perfect place for a picture, especially since we are talking about all this new technology.

What do you do to get away from your phone/laptop and back into the real world?

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!
xx-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment