June 25, 2019

What makes you happy?

I've been asking myself this question a lot lately. 

Do you know what makes you happy? 
Do you make yourself happy? 
Do you put your happiness in others hands? 

My whole life I can remember telling myself, once this happens you'll be happy, once I lose this weight, Ill be happy, and so on and so on. That never happened. So I started to put my happiness in other peoples hands. The more I saw my friends or saw my family I would be so happy, but when I was alone, there was no happiness there. I was constantly waiting for the next "happiness fix" from anyone but myself. Don't get me wrong, I had moments of happiness with myself but it rarely lasted long. 

I cant pinpoint the exact day or time I started to fall in love with myself or my life but I know that it was one of the best feelings I had ever felt. I started to take care of myself way more, going to the gym and eating better. Surrounding myself with more positive influences and focusing on the good moments in life vs the negative. 

Change is good, it can be difficult at times, but in the long run its what makes you grow into a better version of yourself and into the next chapter of your life. I am currently in the process of refocusing myself on what makes ME happy and what I love to do and what I love about myself. Staying positive on a daily basis can be tough but you have to be grateful for the things you have in life and the people who are apart of your life and your journey. I understand that it will take time for me to get back to that place of peace within myself, but I also know that it will be so worth it. 



Things I have been or will be doing to reach my happiness:
-write my daily affirmations
-Write what I am grateful for
-grow and laugh more with my BF
- blog more about this journey 
-live a healthy, active lifestyle 
-plan trips with my girlfriends
-visit my family as much as I can
-Spend less $ on things and more on experiences
-be fearless- whats the worst that could happen, it doesn't work out, I fail? SO WHAT!! Its a learning experience and I know it will help me grow in the right direction!


Thanks for reading, I hope this post helps someone out there trying to find your own love and happiness!
more to come soon!
xo-Ash 

No comments:

Post a Comment